If you thought your Instagram stories were lit before today, they’re about to go up a few notches. The social media site has added a series of GIFs featuring Kagiso Rabada to its inventory. In total, there are 16 different moving images of KG and a few of them had us cracking up.
The world’s most exciting young cricket talent has had a
Kagiso Rabada in GIF form
Rabada has expressed his delight at the partnership he’s forged with Instagram, and said “it was a privilege” to be acknowledged for his achievements in such a novel way: In fact, he’s given us all his blessings to start using the stickers right away:
“I’m really excited about my Instagram story GIFs, I feel privileged to be recognised in this way and I hope my supporters will have a lot of fun with it, especially as 2019 is an exciting year for myself and for the game.”
“Historic partnership” with Instagram
It is indeed a lovely bit of banter from KG, and it’s got us in a jovial mood ahead of South Africa’s home series against Sri Lanka, which begins on Thursday. Make no mistake, however, this social media link-up is a historic moment for our incredible pace merchant.
“From Tuesday, Instagram users will have access to GIF stickers of the fast-bowler as he has been added to the collection of world-class stars and athletes on the Instagram story feature. Kagiso Rabada is the first South African cricketer to receive his own Instagram story
GIF,after he joined the Red Bull roster of sport’s most watched and celebrated stars last year.”
How to add a Kagiso Rabada GIF to your Instagram
If you’re a frequent user of Instagram stories, this should all seem very familiar. But for those of you novices who want to get involved, here’s how you can turn a regular Insta-snap into one full of Rabada-themed goodness:
- Open Instagram and tap the “Your Story” icon in the top left of the screen.
- Proceed to take your picture.
- Once you’ve got the picture you want, tap the icon with a square face that looks like it’s being peeled away.
- Simply search for the term “Rabada” and it will bring up all of the GIFs he appears in.
- Click on the image you want, place it anywhere in the picture, then click the “Share To” option on the bottom-right of the screen. You can add it to your story, send it to friends, or post it to your feed as normal.
The post It’s official: You can now add these Kagiso Rabada GIFs to your Instagram posts appeared first on The South African.