Staff at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) Radio Park in Auckland Park were evacuated after a diesel leak in the multi-storey building.
“The SABC, as a precautionary measure, ensured that employees from the Radio Park building were safely evacuated as we take the health and safety of our staff seriously,” said SABC spokesperson Vuyo Mthembu.
In a statement on Wednesday, the public broadcaster said there was a power outage, which resulted in the internal system switching to a back-up generator.
The SABC said this led to the diesel tank overflowing.
The post Diesel Leak Prompts Evacuation At SABC’s Radio Park appeared first on iAfrica.com.