Enjoy this delicious millet and boerewors sauce by Ntwenhle Gcabashe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups boerewors, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sachet Knorr Tomato Cook in Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fruit chutney
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked millet, for serving
- Basil leaves, for serving
- Heat oil, fry boerewors for 3–5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, and fry until soft.
- Add Knorr Tomato Cook in Sauce and follow instructions provided on the packet. Then, add the chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, fruit chutney and water. Cook until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook until cherry tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with cooked millet and basil leaves.
SEE ALSO: Pork sausages and rum
The post Millet and boerewors sauce appeared first on Bona Magazine.