Try this appetizing ham and cheese-baked bread recipe by our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe.
Ham and cheese-baked bread
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35–40 minutes
- 12 white bread slices, cubed
- 2 cups bacon, chopped and cooked
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) extra dry gin
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Put butter in a large pan. Fry garlic and onion until soft. Add peas and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix bacon and bread in a bowl. Add peas mixture, and transfer into lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour gin and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with coriander.
The post Ham and cheese-baked bread appeared first on Bona Magazine.