Meat Free Monday got you stumped about what to eat? Try this quick and tasty cauliflower steak by our Food Editor Ntwenhle Gcabashe. Picture Dylan Swart
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium cauliflower heads, cut into thick slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Handful fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Basil pesto, for drizzling
SEE ALSO: Cauliflower Chilli Bites
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Place cauliflower onto baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix butter, oil, garlic, curry powder, cumin, orange juice, zest and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over cauliflower.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with basil pesto.
The post Cauliflower Steak appeared first on Bona Magazine.