Handbags are not only just for practical things such as carrying your purse, favourite lipstick and other essentials, they are also a great accessory to liven up any outfit and to make a fashion statement.
These days, handbags come in a wide variety of sizes, colours, shapes, material and designs. With such variety, one can say that they are definitely fashion must-haves. Here are a few tips on how you can take care of your handbags and help keep them looking good inside and out.
There are a few things that you can do to look after your handbag while using it every day.
1. Firstly, make sure that you keep all you make-up items such as eye-liners and lipsticks in a cosmetic bag. This is to avoid all those annoying marks that these items leave on your handbags when they are not stored properly.
SEE ALSO: Top 6 bags to rock this summer
2. Another tip is to avoid putting too much stuff in your handbag. This is because overstuffing your bag will distort its shape. Try to get purse-shapers that help you store everything you need in your handbag while still maintaining its shape.
3. Storage is also very important. Remember to empty your handbag after each use (if you’re swapping bags often), and give it a bit of a wipe inside and outside. Once it’s clean, stuff your bag so that it maintains its shape. You can put anything in the bag; tissue, bubble wrap, or even a small cushion.
4. After stuffing the handbag, you can store it in a dust bag or you can even use a pillowcase that is big enough for the handbag so that it maintains its shape. If you still have the box the handbag came in, you can also store it there. Never, hang your handbag. This will distort its shape, which is something you want to avoid.
SEE ALSO: Germ-Free Handbag
Taking care of specific types of bags:
1. Coloured leather handbags. Coloured leather handbags are a great way to make any outfit pop. They come in many different amazing, bold colours and designs. The one thing to bear in mind when it comes to this type of handbag is to keep them away from sunlight because they fade easily. Be very careful when cleaning it as the dye on the handbag can be removed. Also, make sure you store it in a dark closet.
2. Suede handbags. Suede handbags are the most delicate type of handbags. Just like coloured leather handbags, they also fade easily so they need to be kept away from sunlight. When cleaning them, use a suede brush, or a soft toothbrush. Never let them come into contact with oil or water.
SEE ALSO: 6 timeless accessories every woman needs
3. Patent leather handbags. Patent leather is the most durable type of leather. The biggest problem with patent leather is colour transfer. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you keep it away from dust by storing it properly. You can simply use a pillow case to store your patent leather handbags.
4. Embellished handbags. Since these types of handbags have embellishment, they can get caught onto things very easily. Therefore, it would be wise to wrap them with something like tissue paper when storing them.
Try these simple tips to ensure your handbags stay in tip-top condition for a long time. They are easy to remember and use daily.
The post How to take care of your favourite fashion handbags appeared first on All4Women.
The post 4 ways to take care of your favourite fashion handbags appeared first on Bona Magazine.