10 Things You Didn’t Know About Rhythm City’s Nelson Ntombela (Chicken). He is now a household name thanks to his terrifying character Chicken in e.tv’s soapie, Rhythm City. Learn more about Nelson Ntombela from the 10 facts below.
- 32 year old Nelson Ntombela hails from Kagiso, a Township outside Krugersdorp, West of Johannesburg.
- Like many kids growing up in a poverty-stricken area, he had to overcome many obstacles which involves crime, drugs and other things associated with peer pressure.
- At the age of 16 he was detained at in a juvenile prison for armed robbery.
- The turning point of his life was the passing of his mother. Her death helped him leave his criminal ways, and led him to live an honest life as artist.
- He actually goes around carrying a live chicken in social events around his home town of Kagiso, and that is how the name of Chicken made its way to our screens.
- While in Prison he was one of the leaders of the gang that he was part of.
- He knows all the gang languages spoken in prison, 26’s, 27’s and the 28’s and he uses that to enhance his role as Chicken on Rhythm City.
- His sense of style led to him being synonymous with the izikhothane street pop culture when it emerged in 2008.
- Nelson therefore sees himself as the founder of that lifestyle.
- He is passionate about soccer, and has a scar on his right foot that he got while playing.
The post 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Rhythm City’s Nelson Ntombela (Chicken) appeared first on Youth Village.