10 Things You Didn’t Know About Imbewu Twin Stars Nokwanda and Nokubonga Khuzwayo. For the longest time they have confused many viewers of the popular drama. Nokubonga and Nokwanda Khuzwayo have us glued to our screens every week day. Below are 10 interesting facts about the twins.
- Nokwanda and Nokubonga Khuzwayo were born and bred in Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal.
- The twins were born 5 minutes apart, but both declare themselves older than the other.
- Nokwanda plays the Oswenka-obsessed Futhi, while Nokubonga is causing havoc as the feisty Zakithi at Maluju Oil in Imbewu.
- After finishing school at Umlazi Comtech they didn’t know what they wanted to do so they enrolled at Coastal KZN TVET College, a technical school that focuses on commerce.
- To help their widowed mom raise 5 girls, Nokwanda worked as a waitress in Durban, while Nokubonga worked at a call centre in Mount Edgecombe.
- To be able to focus on their acting, dancing and singing talents, the two quit their jobs and opened a salon at home.
- In 2003 they participated in a play called Madiba’s Magic Song, which they performed at the Grahamstown Arts Festival.
- They have traveled the world as part of the Lion King international tour. Nokwanda was based in Brazil and Shanghai, while Nokubonga was based in Las Vegas, Hamburg, London and Taipei.
- Although the two are identical, they have different personalities. Nokubonga is outgoing and a talker, while Nokwanda is quieter.
- Nokwanda became pregnant in her 20s and had to take a break from acting to raise her baby. Unfortunately she lost her baby when she was only two.
The post 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Imbewu Twin Stars Nokwanda and Nokubonga Khuzwayo appeared first on Youth Village.