10 Things You Didn’t Know About DJ Owami Mafokate. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. True to that saying, Owami Mafokate is following in her parents’ footsteps. She has been making waves on the music scene since her debut on Yo-TV . Find more about her from the following 10 facts.
- Owami Mafokate is the daughter of Kwaito star Arthur Mafokate and Abashante singer Queen Sesoko
- She was 13 years old when she discovered her passion for music and decided to learn DJing from AJ.
- Although music runs in her family, Owami’s well known parents have nothing to do with her taking this path.
- It was big brother Arthur Jnr, a music producer and DJ, who showed his little sister the ropes.
- She is already making waves, and teamed up with former Jamali singer Liesl for thumping dance track Hold Us Down.
- Like most parents, her dad Arthur had mixed feelings about her venturing into music.
- Despite her famous family, Owami is determined to make her own way in the industry.
- Owami has a striking resemblance to DJ Zinhle and regards her as her inspiration.
- Her favorite subjects include business, engineering graphics and design, which allows her to explore her other passion which is fashion.
- Owami wants to be a producer, to edit videos, and just like daddy to own her own record label.
The post 10 Things You Didn’t Know About DJ Owami Mafokate appeared first on Youth Village.